Took the Microsoft PL-900 Power Platform Fundamentals exam some time ago and took some notes during the study and thought I share how I studied for the exam.
The way I like to learn is to see video lections, examples and hands on practice. So what I did first was to read through the Microsoft Learn Path for PL-900, then I watched the learning path on Pluralsight for repetition and hands on examples. And also supplemented with courses on LinkedIn learning on the topics for Power BI, Power Automate and Power Apps.
I am a big fan of both LinkedIn Learning and Pluralsight, they have great content and courses, and they keep getting better and better.
Pluralsight has now started with learning path directed towards Microsoft Certification Exams, here is the path for Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals (PL-900).
In the learning path above you get 9 hours with the topics that covers the objectives for the exam. Where they go through the topics in the skills outline for the exam.
I also used LinkedIn Learning to learn more about specific topics and to see more different scenarios and examples. The courses I viewed for preparation was:
- Microsoft Flow Essential Training
- Microsoft Power Apps using the common data service
- Microsoft Power Automate Beyond the Basics
- Microsoft Flow Approval Flows
- Microsoft Power Automate Advanced business automation
- Microsoft Power Platform Foundations
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform
After watching the learning material from Microsoft Learn, Pluralsight and LinkedIn Learning it was enough to pass the exam.
Other learning paths on Pluralsight
Looked around Pluralsight for other exams and in the time of writing they have other learning paths for the following exams:
- Microsoft Azure Administrator (AZ-104) – 18 hours
- Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies (AZ-303) – 11 hours
- Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure (AZ-204) – 15 hours
- Designing and implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions (AZ-400) – 16 hours
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900) – 8 hours
- Microsoft Azure Architect Design (AZ-304) – 20 hours
- Microsoft Azure Security Technologies (AZ-500) – 14 hours